Instant Pot Egg Bites have become a staple around our house. We love how easy they are to make and, more importantly, to make ahead and heat them up quickly in the microwave when you are ready for a quick breakfast or snack. 30-45 seconds in the microwave and you are good to go.
We’ve also become big fans of egg bite open faced sandwiches. Some of our favorites are topping a slice toast with avocado with an egg dot, or toast slathered with garlic mayo and topped with tomato, cucumber, crispy bacon and a sliced egg dot.
For this version of Egg Bites we focused a little more on the cheese. If you have ever cooked egg bites in an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker, you know that sometimes the cheese can get a little lost. While the cheese flavor is certainly present in other version, there is something about seeing some nice melty cheese that just satisfies.
To make egg bites in the Instant Pot, we use a silicone mold, which makes 7 “bites.” We suggest using a mold that includes a lid so that you can reuse it instead of needing to make one with foil.
Another key item is a trivet with handles. Having one again avoids needing to form a foil sling to remove cooking vessels from the pot.
For those of you who don’t already own a pressure cooker, don’t worry – we’ve included directions for baking the egg bites instead.
Here are some additional Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes you might enjoy:
- 4 Large Eggs
- 4 Slices Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
- 2.5 Ounces (4 slices or or 70g) Swiss Cheese cut into 7 equal sized cubes
- 2 Tablespoons (28g) Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach Leaves, packed
- 1 Handful Fresh Herbs (such as parsley, cilantro, green onions or chives, Chopped
- 1/4 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cooking Spray or Vegetable Oil for nonstick coating
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. If you don't have a trivet with handles, create a sling by doubling over a 17 inch (23 cm) length of foil folder over twice, and slide it under the trivet.
- Lightly oil the inside of the molds with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Add the eggs and cream cheese to a blender or food processor. Blend until combined.
- Add Spinach and herbs and blend until a combined.
- Add 1/2 of the bacon, red bell pepper and salt and pepper. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Pour the egg batter into each mold cup about halfway to the top.
- Place the Swiss cheese cube and some crumbled bacon in the center of each cup.
- Go back and fill each cup, allowing extra room at the top for the batter to expand during cooking.
- Cover the molds with a lid (if you have one ) or foil, being sure to fit around the sides so no water enters the mold during cooking.
- Set the Instant Pot on "High" or "Manual" for 10 minutes. Perform a quick release when the cooking time has finished.
- Remove the mold from the Instant Pot, uncover and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Then invert the mold and gently press on the center of each mold to release the egg bites.
- Lightly grease a 6 muffin tin pan with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (177 C) and make sure the baking rack is in the middle.
- Follow instructions 2-8 above for making the egg batter.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, until the top begins to brown but the center still giggles slightly.
- Allow the egg bites to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
Serving Size:1 Egg Bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 10.6gSaturated Fat: 4.4gCholesterol: 120mgCarbohydrates: 1.4gFiber: .2gSugar: .6gProtein: 10.1g