After discovering egg bites we are completely hooked. We make a batch, experimenting with different flavors, seal them in a container and snack on them all week. Just pop them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and they are ready to serve.
Egg bites are also great if you have a crowd to feed for brunch.
Making egg bites in the Instant Pot couldn’t be easier. We use a silicone mold, which makes 7 “bites.” We suggest using a mold that includes a lid so that you can reuse it instead of needing to make one with foil.
Another key item is a trivet with handles. Having one again avoids needing to form a foil sling to remove cooking vessels from the pot.
We’ve also provided instructions for baking the bites in the oven for those who haven’t make the leap to cooking with an Instant pot.
Looking for more ideas? We have these additional Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes you might enjoy!
Instant Pot Sausage and Cheese Egg Bites
Instant Pot Egg Bites with Sausage and Cheese (baking directions included)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Sausage Crumbles (4-5 ounce or 138g Sausage link)
- 1/4 Cup (37g) Feta Cheese*
- 1/4 Cup (37g) Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons (28g) Cream Cheese
- 1 Handful Fresh Herbs (such as parsley, cilantro, green onions or chives, Chopped
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- Cooking Spray or Vegetable Oil for nonstick coating
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. If you don't have a trivet with handles, create a sling by doubling over a 17 inch (23 cm) length of foil folder over twice, and slide it under the trivet.
- Lightly oil the inside of the molds with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Add the sausage to a pan over medium heat. Brown on all sides until the sausage is cooked through (about 7 minutes). Remove from pan and dice. Set aside.
- Wash and quarter the tomatoes and add to the same pan over medium heat. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated then set aside.
- Add the eggs and cream cheese to a blender or food processor. Blend until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor or blender and pulse a few times until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the egg batter into each mold cup about 1/2 to the top. Go back and fill each cup, allowing extra room at the top for the batter to expand during cooking. This allows for distribution of the heavier ingredients in each mold.
- Cover the molds with a lid (if you have one ) or foil, being sure to fit around the sides so no water enters the mold during cooking.
- Set the Instant Pot on "High" or "Manual" for 10 minutes. Perform a quick release when the cooking time has finished.
- Remove the mold from the Instant Pot, uncover and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Then invert the mold and gently press on the center of each mold to release the egg bites.
Pin the recipe for later!
- Lightly grease a 6 muffin tin pan with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (177 C) and make sure the baking rack is in the middle.
- Follow instructions 3-7 above for making the egg batter.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, until the top begins to brown but the center still giggles slightly.
- Allow the egg bites to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
*Feta can be substituted by another cheese of your choice
Serving Size:1 Egg Bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 6.9gSaturated Fat: 3.3gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 5.1gFiber: 1.3gProtein: 8.1g