During our travels through Southeast Asia we ate a lot of rice. In Thailand, there is a greeting which translates as “have you eaten rice yet?” Which is essentially asking, “how are you?” Clearly if you haven’t eaten rice yet, there is something going drastically wrong with your day.
While I enjoy rice quite a bit, I will admit that plain rice, even when paired with some of our favorite dishes, such as Massaman or Green Curry, can be a bit boring. Here is where coconut rice can come to the rescue.
Coconut rice is a savory dish, made not with the meat of the coconut, but with coconut milk. It adds a lightly nutty flavor and tropical aroma to rice, transporting it to a new level.
Don’t forget to add the recipe to your collection on Pinterest or bookmark it for later!
Here are some additional Instant Pot recipes you might enjoy!
- 1 Cup (230g) Long Grain Rice
- 1 Cup (250g) Coconut Milk
- 3/4 Cup (188ml) Low Salt Chicken Stock
- 2 Teaspoons (10m.) Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon (4.2g) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 (2g) Teaspoon Salt
- Rinse the rice in a mesh strainer
- Add all of the ingredients into the Instant Pot
- Stir a few times to combine the ingredients
- Secure and lock the lid.
- Turn the "venting knob" to seal.
- Press the "RICE" button.
- The active cooking time once the proper pressure is achieved will be about 10 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork.
- It is ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 328mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g