I’ll be the first to admit that you can easily buy canned black beans. But if you are owner of an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, the benefits of making them yourself are hard to ignore.
First, making the beans yourself doesn’t take much time. There is very little preparation needed beyond washing the beans, setting up the Instant Pot, and letting it do all of the work. With the Instant Pot, no extra planning ahead or soaking time isneeded.
Second, buying dried beans is very inexpensive. These beans can be made in advance and even stored in the freezer until you are ready to make your favorite recipes.
Don’t forget to add the recipe to your collection on Pinterest or bookmark it for later!
We have made this black bean recipe simply without any extra spices. The idea is to use them as a base for your favorite recipe so that you can spice them the way you like.
Here are some additional Instant Pot recipes you might enjoy:
- 2 cups Dried Black Beans
- 3 cups Water
- Salt to Taste
- Rinse beans in a colander, and remove any broken beans or small rocks (yes, these can be present)
- Add beans water, and salt to Instant Pot and stir.
- Close Instant pot cover and make sure the valve is set to "sealing".
- Choose Manual and set to 55 minutes
- Allow 20 minutes of natural release before opening Instant Pot.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: .5 gramgSodium: 1 mgmgCarbohydrates: 20 gramsgFiber: 7.5 gramsgSugar: .3 gramsgProtein: 7.6 gramsg